EFOII is the go-to conference for institutional investors and their advisors seeking to define their role in an age of shareholder activism and government regulation. Held each February in Washington, D.C. or Tempe, AZ, the conference spotlights critical issues and up-to-the-minute strategies for plan sponsors, legal counsel, board members and executives.
Conference speakers include top-level professionals from leading institutional investors, advisors and the academic community. Our Washington location gives us access to government and regulatory perspectives from keynoters such as former U.S. Secretary of State and Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff General Colin L. Powell, U.S. Secretary of State Madeleine K. Albright, former U.S. Representative Barney Frank, former U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission Chairs Richard Breeden and Mary Schapiro, and political/media personalities James Carville and Mary Matalin. Conference attendees also enjoy the opportunity for candid exchanges with peers during panel discussions and breakout sessions.
Recent EFOII topics have included:
• The impact of active shareholder engagement
• Dodd-Frank—an inside look
• The rights and responsibilities of institutional investors
• Judicial erosion of shareholder rights
• Selecting and monitoring plan consultants
• The so-called “public pension crisis”
• Challenges of non-U.S. securities litigation for U.S. investors
Learn about the 2015 conference and view photos of the event
As global investment increasingly drives investment strategies, the RRII Conference has become an essential forum for understanding how different laws, regulations, cultures and business environments affect your portfolio. Each year, more than 100 senior executives and advisors from public pension funds, mutual fund companies, sovereign wealth funds, hedge funds, insurance companies, and other institutional investors meet to share experiences and explore new approaches to active ownership around the globe.
The RRII conference, held each March in Amsterdam, Netherlands, has attracted such distinguished speakers as 42nd President of the United States Bill Clinton, President Mikhail Gorbachev, Former Prime Minister Tony Blair, Vice President Al Gore, Sir Richard Branson, and United Nations Secretary General Kofi Annan, as well as representatives of major institutional investors and the academic community.
Past RRII topics have included:
• Responsible investing, ESG and Board diversity
• The growing market for green bonds
• EU bonus caps and the state of executive pay practices
• The role of outside constituents in divestment decisions
• The “London Whale” case
• Impacting the legislative process
Learn about the 2018 conference